Oxandrolone is also known as Oxydrolone is quite similar to the natural steroids but this is man-made. It is anabolic steroid which promotes muscle tissue’s growth. The trade name of this steroid is Anavar. This steroid was developed in the year between the 1950s and the 1980s. The steroid is developed and marketed by Pfizer Inc. Oxydrolone is also sold by different pharmaceutical organizations under different names such as Antitriol, Protivar, Anatrophil, Lonavar and Lipidex. Anavar was the most successful of them as huge numbers of patients were able to tolerate the drug well.
This steroid helps in regaining weight after a chronic infection, severe trauma or surgery. Also, it helps those people who cannot put on weight or maintain the right healthy weight because of various unknown reasons. It also helps in decreasing the loss of muscle that is usually caused by the other steroid medicines and decreases the pain bone for people who are suffering from osteoporosis.
Oxydrolone is given usually only for few weeks. You need to follow the directions given on the prescription label and never consume the medicine in smaller or larger amounts or for a much longer period than it is recommended.
This steroid will not help in enhancing the athletic performance and should never be used for those purposes.
Oxydrolone might be a habit-forming medicine and you should not share this steroid with anyone else especially with those people who already had a history of addiction or drug abuse. Keep the medicine stored in a cool and dry place away from others.
Side effects of Oxydrolone
You should get emergency medical help the moment you get any signs of allergic reaction such as difficulty in breathing, hives, swelling on the tongue, throat, lips or face.
Call the doctor immediately if you get:
- Shortness of breath even if it’s with mild exertion
- Worsening or new acne
- Swelling in the feet or ankles
- Ongoing or increased erection of the penis
- Rapid weight gain
- Unusual growth of penis before puberty
- Ejaculation problem, impotence, a decrease in the size of a testicle, lower count of semen
- Liver problems such as pain in the upper part of the stomach, upper stomach pain, queasiness, tiredness, titillate like feeling, dark urination, reduction in regular food intake, stool in dark color, jaundice which is the yellowing of eyes or skin
- Difficult or painful urination
- High calcium level in blood- stomach pain, vomiting, constipation, muscle pain, increased urination or thirst, weakness or muscle pain, confusion, joint pain and feeling of restless or tiredness
Women who take Oxydrolone will develop male characteristics and if the treatment continues for a long time, it might become irreversible. Call the doctor at once and stop taking the medicine immediately and call your medical practitioner if you notice any of the following signs:
Changes in menstrual period
Deepened or hoarse voice
Male-pattern growth in hair like on chest or chin
Swelling in breast
Decreased or increased interest in sex
Whenever you take a new medicine, do consult with a doctor to know how it would react for you.